My Season Right Now

   Welcome to Artifact Motherhood. This is a collaboration of artists from around the world who have come together to share our stories of the joys and struggles in our journeys. Through our writing and photographs, we want to create memories that are more than photographs with dates written on the back. These are the artifacts we are leaving behind for our children and for generations to come. 💚





When you have had a taste of something REALLY good all you want is more and more of it. That is my season right now, after 18 months and almost 2 years I got to really hug my sister and my sister-in-law, like full blown, sobbing, 5 minute bear hugs. I also got to hug my bestie in full on PPE for her birthday. And I now I want more. I am a hugger, that was the first thing I felt when the pandemic started and the shutdowns began, the hugs went away.  

It felt like the connection went away, as much and as hard as we tried through instagram, Marco Polo, Signal and all of the others, there has been a void there. It has definitely made me appreciate the moments... the moments we laugh until we cry, the moments we will talk about for years and years, and the hugging each other like we don't know when the next time we will be able to see one another again. 

I know we have to be patient, I know we are not through this yet (especially in the PNW) but damn it I am ready for the unfiltered-unwavering-unconditionally loving-germ sharing hugs! 

Comments

Popular Posts